1 lb. ground beef (lean)
1 lb. ground pork (lean)
1 22 oz. jar CIRO’S MARINARA PASTA SAUCE
2 celery stalks
1 small carrot (peeled)
1 small red onion (peeled)
4 cloves minced garlic
4 oz. olive oil
1 tsp. salt (to taste)
1 tsp. pepper (to taste)
1. in a food processor, chop carrots, celery and onions.
2. heat oil in a large skillet to medium hot.
3. add garlic and vegetables and sauté for about 3 minutes.
4. add ground meat and cook increasing the heat to medium-heat.
5. stir continuously for about 10 to 15 minutes then reduce to medium-heat.
6. add salt and pepper and CIRO’S MARINARA PASTA SAUCE and simmer for 5 min.
Serve over rice or pasta
Serves 6 to 8 people